Thursday, 1 December 2011

Procrastination is a B*tch

You know how you can tell when my life is falling apart/I am having a mental breakdown? You can tell by the frequency of my blog posts. The more frequent, the more likely it is that I am about to become a tiny, angry, raving lunatic, or at least more of a tiny, angry, raving lunatic.

It's that time of year again. The only time of the year when I become an unwashed, stressed out, over caffeinated, under slept mess (actually I am most of those things all the time, but I am almost always clean...mostly). Also known as the end of the semester. For some strange reason I have been super unmotivated. All I really want to do is lay in my giant ruffle bed, and watch bad television, or my favourite movies, blog and tweet. Sidenote, I am blaming the Alberta Cancer Foundation for my new found love of twitter. Holy hell it's addicting. Now I know why people have twitter. It's like drugs, only better because you don't end up disfiguring yourself, or putting holes through your septum. Maybe Charlie Sheen should have gotten himself addicted to Twitter instead of hookers and blow #badlifechoice. Just saying.

Also this is the time of year when I have this incredible urge to clean everything I own. Why is it that people have the uncanny ability to clean instead of doing what they are supposed to be doing? Seriously. I normally live in varying degrees of organized chaos. On any given day it looks like my closet has vomited all of my clothes onto my bed, and the floor is strewn with shoes, and books and papers, and basically anything else you can think of. I only clean up my shit when it gets to the point that it bothers me. But the minute that I have a paper to do, or a giant test, like this Saturday's upcoming LSAT, all I want to do is clean. I want do laundry and iron, and dust and vacuum, activities that I don't normally do (mostly because we have this great housekeeper who come twice a month and does it all for me). 'Clean all the things' becomes my mantra, and the internet is my besty. I bet my mother wishes that this urge to clean was with me all the time because that way she could save money on a housekeeper and use her legal slave (that's why people have children, so they can get free housecleaning and entertainment, and all they have to say is "because I said so") aka Me, to clean instead. But here's the thing: procrastination is a bitch. I know this to be an absolute fact, and yet, I still do it. Every. Single. Freaking. Day.

I have honestly been putting everything off, much to my own detriment. I put off my papers and now I am exhausted. I have a pile of books for the LSAT that are just begging me to study them, but instead, I sit here at my kitchen table, writing this post. There are logic games that want to be played, and reading passages that want to be read. What the hell is wrong with me. It's like I expect the admissions committees to let me on the simple fact that I think I'm a genius, that I think I'm kind of awesome, and I can be kind of cute sometimes. Really Leah, do you honestly think that looking up at them with big doe eyes, like a sad puppy, is going to get you into law school? Ya, I didn't think so. And now I am having a conversation with myself, over my own blog. I think I have reached certifiable insanity.

I think I will end this here. Let's pretend this never happened. Mmkay thanks.

xoxo
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment